Search Engines Find More, More Directly
Google and Bing are the search engine giants of the Internet, but they also do more than take you to the home pages where you can find your answer. Often, they just take you to your answer. A recent New York Times article showed many examples, including:
- Want a flight status? Skip going to the airline home page. Just enter the flight number in the search field.
- Need a definition? Skip looking for a dictionary site. Enter the word plus dictionary in the search field. And you'll get your definition from a dictionary site.
- Need directions? Just type in the address in the search field.
- Want a local movie? Enter movies and your zip code
- What's the forecast? Enter weather and a zip code
Read the full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/technology/personaltech/tips-to-search-smarter-and-faster.html?nl=technology&emc=edit_ct_20121025&_r=1&